Sometimes we get asked “So, what do you do all day?” Mind you, this isn’t a question anyone who has been to the farm asks… Here are some of the things that have happened in the last 7 days:
- Truck with snow plow wouldn’t start. Had to have it towed into town to be fixed. It’s now back at the farm with the plow mounted!
- Snow storm – had to get a neighbour to plow our driveway
- Whiskey had to be taken to the vet – turns out he has an eye infection
- Purchased a mushroom business – got the first day of training on how to grow mycelium
- Hosted 9 visitors (and one cute little one) – 4 overnight stays in the last week
- One chicken has been badly injured – being nursed back to health
- Managed to get tree/berry/potato orders completed
- A new addition got built in the sun room! We now have cubby holes for our visitors! (Thank you to our guests, R+R who built this for us)
Yes, the farm is a very busy place! In any week we also do lots of work to take care of our animals, sell our eggs, do research for current and future projects, and answer a lot of emails.
We wouldn’t have it any other way!