While it’s true we don’t always “get out much”, we did manage to watch the new Star Wars Episode VII movie on Saturday night! It required a bit of planning but there are some pretty amazing things about living in rural areas.
- Olds is 45 minutes away. That’s the closest movie theater. Movie time on Saturday is 6:45pm.
- Birds go to bed at 6pm. Cutting it close but what the heck.
- 5pm. Have shower and put on clean clothes. Attempt to find a toque that doesn’t smell and shoes that are “town worthy”. Found shoes, didn’t find toque…
- Find cat on the bed. Put cat outside. Find cat on the bed. Put cat outside.
- Forgot about dinner… Put some leftovers in containers to eat in the car.
- 5:45pm. Start putting birds to bed. In town shoes. Car is outside the barn. Guess the shoes aren’t “town worthy” now.
- Say goodnight to the dogs that are a little too excited that it’s -15C out and dark.
- 6:00pm. Hit the road! Arrive at movie theater are 6:45pm. Park. (Took 5 seconds to park and 10 seconds to walk to the front door!)
- Buy ticket. Line up is 2 people deep. Cash only.
- Best part! Pay $11 each for 3D movie.
- Get great seats!
- Enjoy movie.
- Find car. Oh, that was easy! Didn’t even have to remember where it was.
- Drive home. Arrive at 10:30pm. Crash into bed. 6:30am is going to come extra quick…
Overall, best movie experience ever!