No one really asks how many eggs our chickens lay each day but we thought we would share some fun facts!
- The hens lay between 70 and 80 eggs a day at the moment
- Yes, our family eats a small (or maybe large) portion of those!
- We sell about 40 dozen eggs a week
- No, not all the eggs are perfect… Some shells are not quite right! They are still fine to eat but we don’t sell them
- We have three different breeds of chickens so their egg colours and sizes are different. Also, the hens lay big eggs when they first start laying.
- Egg production will go down with the decrease in sunlight. As it’s our first year, we aren’t sure by how much
- Our eggs are for sale through our partners Eagle Creek Farms and Country Thyme Farm