How Can We Help?

You are here:
< Back

If you have livestock, poultry or bees on your farm, you will want to register for a “PID” or Premises ID.  You can apply online for an ID number and it does not cost you anything.  You need a PID number to:

  • buy medication at retail outlets
  • sell livestock at auction markets
  • apply for AB grants

This is the information page:

This is an FAQ:$Department/deptdocs.nsf/all/trace12895/$FILE/Alberta%E2%80%99sLivestockandPoultryTraceability.pdf

Once you register and indicate the animals that you have, you will receive information about:

  • any relevant diseases in your area
  • natural disasters that could affect you

If you know about diseases ahead of time, you can ramp up your bio-security.  If you are warned about disasters, you can put your emergency plans into place faster.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This