Task one complete!

The main kitchen garden has been planted.  We added 9 new garden beds this year.  Next year we’ll replace the wood on the remainder of the beds and build them up a bit higher.  We had a huge low spot so we filled it with compost.  (Yes, we spread it with a shovel!)

We had some help from friends (compost is heavy!) and family.  Thank you.  We still need to add more wood chips along the pathways and finish weeding the middle section.

Here’s what we ended up planting:


It’s reasonably close to the original plan! It’s nice to have a record of what we are doing.  We’ll have fun planing this space in the winter.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This